[Zope] bobobase_modification_time and .zexp

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:10:51 +0100

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:25:18 +0200, "Wolfgang Strobl" <ws@gmd.de>
wrote:

>> Wherever I need information when the page has been created, I use my
>> creationTime attribute.
>
>Sure. For your own creations it's somewhat easier, just create your
>own timestamps. But what about existing content. Say: what if you
>have a Yihawdirectory which has grown for a while, plus a
>collection of Zwikis scattered over various Zopes, which I want to
>move into a a single new, but already existing on a bigger, greater
>and better server?

Zopes existing 'find' mechanism lets you apply an operation to all the
objects that it matches - use that to patch your existing objects to
the new schema.

>> I do not know how to implement 'modificationTime' attribute (or
>> better: how to change it whenever someone edits or uploads the
>> document).
>
>Well, for a moment I considered hacking ExportImport.py, but it's
>not obvious. That's why I'm asking whether somebody perhaps
>already has solved the problem.
>
>There is the option of stripping all the various data.fs and combining
>them via mounting, but this is far from elegant, if it works at all.

bobobase_modification_time returns the timestamp of the transaction
containing the most recent copy of the object. timestamping is
fundamental to ZODB. For this alone to work you will need to keep the
objects in separate data.fs files forever.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com