[Zope] UserDb - Please just WORK

ed colmar ecolmar@uswest.net
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:40:05 -0600

Since Login Manager isn't doing the trick, I've been trying User DB to
authenticate to my postgresql DB.

I get some strange errors, like when I try to view a page that is
'protected' by UserDb, I get the error message below.  Also, when I click a
user in the management screen, it says "the specified user does not exist".

Arrggg this task is so simple but REALLY FRUSTRATING...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...  (to anyone who can help)

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: argument 1: expected read-only character buffer, None found

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 440, in
traverse
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/UserDb/UserDb.py, line 310, in
validate
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, line 437, in
validate
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/UserDb/UserDb.py, line 147, in
getUsers
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/UserDb/UserDb.py, line 52, in
__init__
TypeError: (see above)