[Zope] Two questions regarding SQL

Baker, Dennis [sjmr] DBaker@CHW.edu
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:46:22 -0700

Dunno if someone replied to this,  but try GUF.  Let's you roll your own
authentication.  There is a howto out there for using GUF with an SQL
server.

-----Original Message-----
From: //www.alomega.com/ [mailto:amadorm@usm.edu.ec]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 3:02 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Two questions regarding SQL

Hey 2 everyone:

I have two questions.

1) I need to authenticate my Zope users against a
Sybase SQL database.

2) I need to make my Zope ODBC database connection
object use (i.e. connect with) the user and password of
the AUTHENTICATED_USER because security is at the
database level, for tables and stored procedures.

How do I do that?  Any pointers?  LoginManager did not
work for zope 2.2.2 here.  Besides, the new Z ODBC
connection form only lets me specify an ODBC dsn or a
connection string.  And as I understand, the connection
string is the same for ALL zope users that use that
object.

Any practical solutions to the problem #2?  Will I have
to connect to the DB as DBA?  If that's the case, I'll
have to go with PHP.

I'm sorry for my former HTML postings.  Won't happen
again.

Thanks in advance.