[Zope] Updating auto incrementing counter in a propertysheet

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:44:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Max Møller Rasmussen wrote:

> I have a zClass (objectmanger) with a property called "lastID", on a
> propertysheet called "hidden".
>
> I have then written a dtml mehtod that should return the id incremented by 1
> and then sets the lastID to this new id.
>
> the dtml for the "newID()" dtml method looks like this:
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('new_id', lastID+1)">
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(lastID, new_id)">

In the above line --- do you want to set up new value for ZClass property,
isn't it ?
If so, you have to use manage_changeProperties method of property sheet.

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |