[Zope] newbie questions ?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:38:57 -0400

> Hi,
>
>  I spent my week-end learning how to use Zope, it was a nice painful
> experience. Nice thanks to Zope itself, painful because of the poor
> docs. The How-Tos helped me a lot but it is a real mess.

We know.  :-) Have you checked out the Zope book?
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/.

>  Here are two questions I did not find the answers :
>
>   - how to ask for authentification to see my web pages (not manage, just
>     see) ? In Apache one has to put a .htaccess file in the directory.

This answer is definitely in the Zope book.  If it's not, there's the
(unfinished) chapter of the Zope Product Developer's Guide Security chapter
at http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/PDG/6-1-Security.stx.

>   - how to limit the size a folder ? I want to give login to friends
>     so they can add photos in a folder but I don't want to receive
>     more than 200MB of data in this folder.

There is no quota support in Zope.  You'd need to write code to enforce a
constraint on total upload size.