[Zope] serving java applet fails

Umesh Soni u.soni@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:11:14 +0100

hi all,

I'm having problems serving up the EIRC java chat-client from within zope.

I have uploaded two java archives EIRC-gfx.jar and EIRC.jar as file
objects via the management screen. Zope has recognised these as
'application/java-archive' content types.

I am using the following dtml (which is in the same folder as the two
java archives) to serve the applet

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<applet code="EIRC" archive="EIRC.jar,EIRC-gfx.jar" width="618" height="400">
<param name="server" value="localhost">
<param name="port" value="6667">
<param name="mainbg" value="#C0C0C0">
<param name="mainfg" value="#000000">
<param name="textbg" value="#FFFFFF">
<param name="textfg" value="#000000">
<param name="channel" value="#eirc">
<param name="titleExtra" value=" - EIRC">
<param name="username" value="eirc">
<param name="realname" value="Eteria IRC Client - http://eirc.sourceforge.net/">
<param name="nickname" value="Guest????">
<param name="password" value="">
<param name="servPassword" value="">
<param name="login" value="1">
<param name="language" value="en">
<param name="country" value="US">
<h1>Eteria IRC Client</h1>
 Sorry, but you need a Java 1.x enabled browser to use EIRC.</p>
</applet>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

The applet loads (and runs) fine when served from from the filesystem
with apache.

When served from zope it appears to load ok and is even rendered
within the browser -but at the last moment fails to run with the
following browser error;

Applet EIRC can't start: ERROR

Any thoughts?

umesh