[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Task, Job or Operation?

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:58:51 -0400

> Unsafe has also been proposed. I do not like this either because it is
> not accurate. Simply because something dangerous, foolish or stupid can
> be done using this method type does not mean it will be. Are we to label
> all objects "unsafe" simply because of the capacity of harm? Safety is
> in the hands of the programer.

I agree with this vehemently :) Would you want to use "unsafe C++"
or "unsafe Java"? I think "restricted" and "unrestricted" are
clear and concise. This is not about "safety" per se, but about
capabilities.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909