[Zope] OT:NT and rebooting

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:00:19 -0400

"Months without rebooting"?

That is certainly not something to brag about. With three of my
installations of Zope on Linux I have the machines at 194, 204 and 55 days
of uptime (and the 55 was because of a bad powerstrip, the other others have
been up since I brought them up). While NT can and does stay up for long
periods of time, it still is a very poor server choice as anything you
install leads to a reboot. I have installed countless things on the Linux
boxes and never brought it down. That is the difference and makes all the
difference when it comes to a website.