[Zope] Hosting?

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:55:18 -0500

At 10/26/00 03:39 PM, J. Atwood wrote:
>Try http://www.rackspace.com.
>
>You can start off with a 600 MHz, 128 MB Ram, 30 GB EIDE drive for about
>$300 a month. They have great support and bandwidth and claim to be the
>largest installed base of RH Linux. They also scale pretty well. I have
>about 10 boxes with them for about year now.

Although attractive at the low end, the rackspace price seems to jump
rapidly. Move to a dual processor, 512MB, weekly backup and you arrive at a
price about double what DellHost charges. So we're currently trying
DellHost (which is somehow linked up with Interliant). While it is too
early to give satisfaction rating, DellHost was not too swift
administratively getting the server set up initially and we've had some
bandwidth/connectivity issues.