[Zope] Website develoment with CVS Zope?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:40:04 +0000

Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> I know because I will be developing and changing files in these
> directories but not via CVS that CVS will probably complain about the
> changes. Is this a problem?

Depends, if you're changing Zope source files, then you may get some
merge conflicts, but there shouldn't be any real problems. If you
edit/add file which aren't stored in cvs.zope.org, CVS will just ignore
them, it's good like that ;-)

> I will also be wanting to use the CVS of other Zope items like the PTK.
> Does this impact this in any way?

Just checkout the PTK/whatever to the appropriate bit of the Zope tree.
IIRC, the PTK CVS structure isnt' conducive to doing this, though, which
could be a pain :-(

HTH,

Chris