[Zope] How to display PDF files

Alan Johnston ajohnston@nc.rr.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:24:34 -0500

I installed Zope for purposes of evaluation last week.  I've been through
the tutorial so I have minimal knowledge.

One (apparently simple) thing I cannot find a way to do is link to a PDF
file.  I believe that everything ZServer serves up must come from the Zope
Object Database (right? wrong?).  At any rate, how do you get ZServer to
send a 'raw' PDF file to the browser so that the browser's Acrobat plug-in
can display it?  I tried creating 'File' and 'Image' objects.  That's
obviously not it.  Forgive me, for I fear this is a dumb question ... but I
just can't find the answer.

Thanks,

Alan