[Zope] How to access id and title of document calling standard_html_header

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 07:59:55 -0700

Tim Hicks wrote:

> For those of you who saw my posts from a couple of days ago (Dieter
> Maurer and Geir Bfkholt), this is the question that I think I should
> have been asking in the first place.
>
> I have a standard_html_header that is inserted into Zclasses.  These
> Zclasses have properties including meta_author, meta_description etc
> (I don't think it is important what they are, just that they are
> properties that standard_html_header does not have).  In the
> standard_html_header, I use code such as <dtml-var meta_author> and
> <dtml-var meta_description>.  This works fine and the properties of
> the *zclass* are inserted.  However, if I put <dtml-var id> into the
> standard_html_header, I get the id of standard_html_header, *not* of
> the zclass.  How do I tell zope to which item I am refering (bearing
> in mind, I don't know the name of the zclass ie it is variable)?
>
> Cheers

Make your standard_html_header a DTML Method not a Document. Methods
operate on their containers. Documents operate on themselves. The
Document is acquiring the ZClass properties after looking through its
own. The Method looks for the properties of its containers.

Kapil