[Zope] Folder and SQL security

Dimitris Andrakakis dandraka@arcas.nuclear.mech.ntua.gr
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 03:43:51 +0300

Hi George !

Please check what Chris wrote too but I can answer this:

> Security in ZOPE is very puzzling. If I have certain rules set for the
> root folder, can I set something different for the sub folders?

It's as simple as having a separate Acl_users in those folders that
you need to have different security for. Say your site is:

/ (root)
  /department1
  /department2
     /subdept1
     /subdept2
  /department3

...and you want a common security model except for subdept2. So
you tweak the acl_users in the / (root) as you want and *only in subdept2*
you create another acl_users and tweak that as well.

Hope this helps,
Dimitris
http://www.zope.org/Members/dandraka