[Zope] ZSQL, crashing & reliability...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:42:46 +0100

"Leichtman, David J" wrote:
> We are running Zope 2.2.0 on Solaris, and we're running it through Apache +
> SSL. We're using a PostgreSQL DB with the ZPoPyDA. We are also using

> Previously, when we were accessing ZServer directly, Zope would
> spontaneously quit. No reason, it would just die. Restarting it would bring
> it back up, but minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes days later, it would
> spontaneously die again. I asked the list, but no one had had such problems
> (except Dieter, but that was an Oracle problem).

I'd guess something ZSQL-related is the problem. IMHO, Zope's working
with SQL are/were significantly less reliable than any other part of
Zope. I'm just hoping someone wil tell me I'm talkign crap, and back it
up with evidence ;-)

> So now that we're running it through Apache, we're still, apparently, having
> the same problem. What will happen is that every once in a while (more
> frequently with more traffic), Zope will hang indefinitely. The only way to
> get over it is to restart Zope. So apparently, the ZServer (which I guess
> takes requests from the pcgi process), is still going down as before.

That soudns about right...

> The question is, why is this happeneing? Or, more to the point, how can I
> figure out why it is happeneing?

Does anyone know of a how-to or two that answers this problem?
I'd love to read them...

cheers,

Chris