[Zope] For the Zope community

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:21:46 -0400

Zopistas,

It has been very rewarding to work with DC and the Zope community.  I
have learned a lot about software and community spirit.  I have never
had the opportunity to work with a more enthusiastic and dedicated
group of developers.

So at this time I'm releasing two new products designed to help Zope
users to get their job done more easily.

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ZDebug/index_html

ZDebug is a set of patches to Zope that help in the deciphering of DTML
errors and authorization exceptions.  Because this is the first
release, remember to make a backup before installing.

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/tcpwatch/index_html

TCPWatch is a simple Python script that lets you monitor a TCP
connection.  It does *not* depend on Zope, but it can be especially
useful when writing Zope apps for WAP devices because the WAP devices
will not display Zope exceptions while TCPWatch will.  It's also useful
for debugging any TCP/IP-based protocol implementation.

Keep up the awesome work!

Shane