[Zope] External method and stdout

Andreas Pauley andreasp@qbcon.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 00:09:34 +0200

For some reason you have to "return" everything that should be available
to zope. You can return a sequence and loop through it with DTML or you
can build a variable with everything you want to display and then return
the variable.

I have no idea why this is so, and why you can't just the print
statement as an equivalent to <dtml-var>.

There is probably elegant ways of replacing DTML with external methods
or Python Methods, I was just unable to find documentation and examples
on it until now. Can anyone help with this?

Regards,
Andreas.

--
In a world without fences, who needs gates?