[Zope] Need help with ZJetDA, Winnt4 and Zope 2.2.1

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:14:51 -0500

As you have no doubt heard my cries for help, I figure that very few are
running NT4.  I am having a permissions difficultie with ZJetDA trying to
modify data in an Access97 database.  On my server, the DA is able to SELECT
* FROM tablename with no problem, but when it comes to INSERT INTO tablename
VALUES (...) or UPDATE, I get a Query Error with a value of INVALID
OPERATION.  I mirror (It is identical, i checked 5+ times) all the objects
on my NT4 laptop and it works ok.  The databases are Identical, I copied the
working one to the non-working server and still no go.  The traceback is as
follows:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: browsestates)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: browsestates)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\OFS\DTMLDocument.py, line 177, in
__call__
    (Object: browsestates)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line
528, in __call__
    (Object: browsestates)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\DA.py, line 450, in
__call__
    (Object: bmsdb_jet_select_browse_state_sub_insert_into_temptablebrowse)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\JESTER\lib\python\Products\ZJetDA\db.py, line 130, in
query
Query Error: (see above)

Rant:
I've been working on this for days.  I don't seem to understand the security
model since I didn't have any problems before 2.2.x.  If I cannot get this
resolved, I'll move back to the 2.1.x series.  I really want this to work as
it is my companie's introduction to open source software.  Have a :) day.

Thanks.
Troy
Troy Farrell
Video Operations Technician II