[Zope] Using Chinese Characters

Christian Wittern wittern@iis.sinica.edu.tw
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 18:53:53 +0800

Hi there,

I am using Zope successfully with Chinese (Traditional) on Windows. For
forward compatibility, I am storing it as UTF-8, which is one storage format
for Unicode/ISO 10646 (aka as UCS). It used to work nice until Zope 2.2,
where some of the display got mangled. I submitted a patch to the Collector
to fix this problem some weeks ago, so hopefully this will go away in the
future. Anothere thing is being able to use ZCatalog: I privately patched
the splitter program, which is used to split strings into words. I am not
yet satisfied with the solution, that's why I did not go public with it.
It's also only tested on my windows box.

All the best,

Christian