[Zope] Testing out new versions of XXX (in this case, WorldPilot)

Bill Anderson bill@noreboots.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:53:24 -0600

"A.J. Rossini" wrote:

> What is the best way to test out new versions of Products without
> breaking an existing setup?  Should I simply "version" the current
> working version, then install new stuff to test, etc, or is there any
> easy way to have products "ORIGINAL" and "ORIGINAL-2" (which is what
> I'd prefer, for stability comparisons)
>
> (in this case, I'm curious about the palm-syncing features of WP
> 1.1alpha for our home server, but can't afford to break our current
> WWW-based email access...?)
>
> Or should I just copy Data.fs and manually revert in case of accident?
>
> Advice appreciated!

Personally, I duplicate the site, and do testing on the secondary site.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.