[Zope] Zope and the GPL poison pill

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:28:15 -0300

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 03:30:16PM +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:

> I hope Zope product developers think twice about using the GPL.
> The GPL license is not about sharing like e.g. the BSD license,
> it's about enforcing the political agenda of people who think
> that commercial ("proprietary") software w/o source code is evil.

I happen do think proprietary software is evil.

That said, I hereby declare that subclasses of Renderable
should not be considered derivative works for the purposes of
the GPL. I will add that to the README.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar