[Zope] zope 2.2.1 and python 1.6

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:03:40 -0400

> i couldn't find anything in the list archives or the docs about python
> 1.6  from python's site, it looks like there are a lot of changes that
> could break code.  can i run zope 2.2.1 on python 1.6 or should i
> stick with 1.5.2?
>
> thanks,
>
> -jon

Hi Jon,

I've seen some people report using 1.6 successfully with Zope -
at this point I can't recommend doing that for a *production*
site, since while it may *work* we still need to assess some
things regarding their impact on security.

For example in 1.6 strings have methods, which may or may not
have an impact on DTML safety. This is also the case for
Python 2.0.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909