[Zope] Why do Copy/Paste attempts fail?

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:49:02 -0500

Roland Reumerman wrote:

> I'm using Zope 2.2.1 on NT. I've imported an exported binary file into a
> freshly created Zope server [whose objects somehow show up under some Zope
> folder]. I want to remove the entire object structure one level up, because
> all the paths contained in those objects are no longer valid. Therefore I
> perform several copy/paste and cut/paste operations on the several DTML
> methods etc. in the Zope sub folder. However, they all fail with the same
> error message, both as super user and manager:

I have found that if you first RENAME the top level folder that
you want to move, then create a new folder to move everything
into this solves the problem (or at least problems similar to
yours).

HTH,
-- Tim Cook --
Cook Information Systems | Office: (901) 884-4126 8am-5pm CDT
* Specializing in Open Source Business Systems *
FreePM Project Coordinator http://www.freepm.org
OSHCA Founding Supporter http://www.oshca.org