[Zope] DCOracle Connection with Oracle 8.0.5

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:21:19 +0200

>From: "Celio C. Guimaraes" <celio@ic.unicamp.br>
>
> 1) In order to connect successfully  I had to drop the @sid parameter:
>     dbc=DCOracle.Connect('scott/tiger@ora8')
>     returns with error:  ORA-12154 : TNS: could not resolve service name
>
> 2)  I would like to connect to a remote oracle server. In this case the
> @sid parameter is essential.
>       How could this problem be fixed? Is it a simple parsing problem in
> the oci_8.c Logon routine?
>       which is the correct string to pe passed?
>       @myserver.ic.unicamp.br:ora8  did not work either!

you have your tnsnames.ora file setup wrong. tha @host part is an "alias"
that oracle client uses to identify the hostmachine and instance you are
connecting to. The "alias" is defined in the tnsnames.ora file. If you need
help with it, contact me off list.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services