[Zope] Passing parameters to external methods is broken...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:00:58 +0100

Andreas Pauley wrote:
> I have an external method that looks (somewhat) like this:
>
> def extAccess(self, accttype_cde):
>     return accttype_cde

> <dtml-if "extAccess(accttype_cde='COM')">
>   <b>The external method returned true</b>
> </dtml-if>
>
> I get the following error for the above statement:
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 2, got 0

Yup, been there, done that, the thread's in the zope-dev archive if
you're interested...

The way external methods handle parameters is 'interesting' to say the
least.
Your safest bet is just to use the REQUEST variable to pass stuff, as
someone else suggested.

cheers,

Chris