[Zope] problem logging in to /manage resource

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:19:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Manuel

 > I've been tryhing hard for the last two weeks to use
 > zope but I can't seem to get it to go past the /manage
 > resource.  I'm running zserver, I tried the default
 > password, changing it with zpasswd, removing domain
 > restrictions, everything, but it still gives me
 > authentication failed.  Please help me.  I'm going
 > insane here.
The problem is probably, that we do not have your problems.

I, personnally, installed Zope and connected to it without
any problem. I simply cannot imagine what may go wrong
in your installation. The same is probably true for
the other list readers, too.

The only thing, that is relevant for the first access
to "manage" is the file "access". Thus, there may be
a problem in this file (or Zope uses a file "access" different
from that you expect).

What I can offer you: send me your access file (together
with name/password, of cause -- you may recreate "access"
with new name/password such that I do not get secrets from you).
I can try it in my installation.
Maybe, I am able to see what goes wrong.

Dieter

PS: Your mail address is really strange (at least as I see
    it through the digest).
    I, therefore, post to the list (sorry, list).