[Zope] Design Question

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:57:03 +0200

Hi Tim !

Tim Cook wrote:
> > I guess the Catalog doesn't support OR searches, which would
> > do what you need.
>
> Actually the ZCatalog solution works. But having 15,212 instances
> of a ZClass in one BTree folder was pretty slow. I ASS-U-MEd that
> an external python method might provide a better solution?

I think the ZCatalog itself can handle this much objects, and handing
the problem off to an external method doesn't change the problem.

> In the Real World(tm), there won't be but maybe one-half as many
> codes in an installation. But I like 'worst case' testing. <g>

Then why don't you store the objects in different folders ?
For example, I have just implemented a way to store objects in
year/month/day folder automatically to handle incoming news in
a news site. It's almost what KMNetNews does, but automatically.

Regards,

Maik Röder

--
Uzopia - Digging la vida Zopa - http://uzopia.editthispage.com