[Zope] standard_error_message confusion

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:02:33 +0100

Danny William Adair wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm using LoginManager to provide for a non-HTTP authentication. A role
> "Member" has access to a folder "Restricted", the
> role "Anonymous" doesn't have any rights at all in this folder. All objects
> in this folder acquire these security settings.
> So far, so good.
>
> The login form from the LoginManager product raises "LoginRequired" and
> shows the login screen when necessary. Mysteriously, I don't get to see my
> (customized) standard_error_message, but *the* standard error message when I
> try to access the folder unauthenticated. Now if I give Anonymous the right
> to "View" in the "Restricted" folder (and therefore view all contained
> objects - which I naturally don't want to do) and explicitly take that right
> away for index_html, any unauthenticated client trying to access the folder
> (->index_html) will see *my* standard_error_message (containing the login
> screen).
>
> What is this all about?

Without looking closely at your system, it is hard to say. Perhaps your
standard_error_message is itself causing an error of some kind.
Therefore, you're getting the zope hard-coded error message.

Try commenting out most of your standard_error_message, so that there is
no possible way it could cause an error, then see if you see your
version or the Zope hardcoded version.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer