[Zope] Re: Looking for Zope vs. Others at-a-glance comparison

Richard Moon richard.moon@nec.ac.uk
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:43:01 +0100

At 14:15 12/09/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Many very helpful goodies have been contributed, and are available under
>"Downloads". However, as we've seen so often, documentation is the last
>thing on the priority list, so these gems are mostly still quite rough.
>
>It looks like a great deal of value can be added to Zope in the form of
>ultra-easy integration of stuff that already exists, and step-by-step,
>"hold my hand" How-To docs to makes sure even the greenest Newbies can
>make the most of what's there.

Agree completely. I was very disappointed when saw the latest release of
the PTK needs a compilation of a C program. That's a real backward step.

There's also differences in tarballs creeping in - there's one product (is
it SQL Session) which you have to put in the /Products directory under Zope
while others you unpack at the top level Zope directory.

Perhaps there should be someone producing an 'approved' list of products
that meet certain standards of ease of installation, documentation etc.