[Zope] Folderish DTML Document

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:41:53 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:
> Well here's my proclamation. It cant be done...

See Toby's comment ;-)

If you want to be able to do <dtml-var myFolderishThing> then you need
to subclass Folder and give it a __str__ or __call__ method. I'd love to
know what the difference is between these and which one you should
implement in a situation like this...

Any ideas anyone?

> Squishdot, it seems the postings are all just stuck in one folder

Actually, it's a big IOBtree stored in the data attribute of Squishdot
Site objects.

> and you rewrite whole bunches of bits.

Each posting (and the site itself) has an intSet attribute called ids.
This says which postings are the object's children, even though they're
all stored in the same BTree..

cheers,

Chris