[Zope] Version Control in Zope / Managing releases

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:25:10 -0400

Nils Kassube wrote:

> The thread at the ZEO list is indeed very interesting.
>
> I wanted to write something like this:
>
>     http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-zeo/2000-September/000131.html
>
> Nice to see someone else having the same thoughts.

IMHO it is extremely unfortunate that ZPublisher, which is a distinct,
separable component of Zope, does not get the attention it deserves.
ZPublisher and Quixote are similar beasts.

In fact, Greg got it backward--what is now known as Zope was first a web
application framework, then with the addition of ZODB it gained content
management capabilities.

That's not to say that Greg's difficulties are unique.  I just don't
think his solution is appropriate for most.  Synchronization is a major
need for Zope.  In fact, I have some working code!  But *I need
feedback*.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/SynchronizationTab

Shane