[Zope] Set access rule

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:09:55 +0200

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 03:55:58PM -0300, mario@curiango.ipen.br wrote:
> Quoting Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:52:26PM -0300, Mario Olimpio de Menezes
> > wrote:
> > > 	I did an upgrade last week, from zope 2.1.6 to 2.2.1, using
> > > Debian packages.
> > > 	Almost everything was correct, but site access no longer works.
> >
> > Zope 2.2 requires SiteAccess 2 to work.
>
> Well,
> 	I forgot to say that, but of course, I'm using SiteAccess 2.
> 	Any other suggestion?
> 	Thanks!

Looking over your mail again, it seems that there is already an AccessRule
registered, but it is of the wrong type. You can't remove it with the Add
interface, because that triggers the error.

Instead, you'll have to do this in your Zope root directory (I am assuming
that the MOnitor client is running at it's default port of 8099):

cat access
# copy everything after the first ':'. This is your monitor password.

python ZServer/medusa/monitor_client.py localhost 8099
# paste the monitor password

import Zope
from Products.SiteAccess.AccessRule import manage_addAccessRule
app=Zope.app()
manage_addAccessRule(app)
get_transaction().commit()

The Access Rule is now cleared.