[Zope] Restricting URL access to certain objects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:20:31 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
> If you want this to be fairly transparent, perhaps based on a particular
> permission or property, then I think you'll need to patch part of Zope,
> probably HTTPRequest.py.

This is the basis of what my proposal on dev.zope.org was about.

This could then be extended so you have one permission/property per
protocol (HTTP/FTP/DAV/etc)

It would make things neater and probably more secure, but sadly no-oen
really seemed interested :-(

If anyone does do any patchign for this, please let the list knwo and
stick it in the collector for good measure, as well...

cheers,

Chris