[Zope] Using GUF (generic user folder) under 2.2.x?

Stuart Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:49:27 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Danny William Adair wrote:

> I've experienced the same problem with GUF (which is why I am desperately
> waiting for the LoginManager HOWTO). Everything looks fine first, but the
> login screen will keep reappearing. Which part of the walkthrough could be
> out of date, the password? ;-)
>
> Maybe you could say a word or two about what to consider under 2.2.1,
> Stuart.

Usual things to check:

    Check the exceptions hidden in HTML comments in the login form. Make
    sure that the access exception that caused the login form to appear
    is from the document you tried to access, and not one of the GUF hooks.
    Grant access to the Anonymous role if required.

    Grant the Manager proxy role to all your hooks, and see if things
    start working. If it does, you can start trimming down permissions
    until you have tracked down exactly where the elevated provilidges
    are required.

--
Stuart Bishop                          Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au