[Zope] sequence-item is called in dtml-let assignment?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:39:38 +0100

Seb wrote:
> I don't actually thing that sequence-item _is_ called when it's
> assigned.

If my solution worked, then it is :P

> I tried inspecting it with all sorts of python and it's
> definitely a string as soon as you even mention it.

Well, it probably seemed like that...

If you do <dtml-var sequence-item>, it'll get called
if you do <dtml-var "sequence-item">, you'll get NameErrors 'cos chances
are sequence and item don't exist.
If you do <dtml-var "_['sequence-item']">, it'll get called (real bitch
of mine, that one :-( )
If you do <dtml-var "_.getitem('sequence-item',1)">, it'll get called...
And, apparently, if you do <dtml-let thing=sequence-item>, it'll get
called....

AFAIK, the way I mentioned is the only way you can ensure it isn't
called...

cheers,

Chris