[Zope] How to change Unauthorized error message?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:48:01 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:
> Sure I suppose. How of course to implement this is another issue, as errors
> get thrown up to /lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py and it would be get
> to trap them before then.

Well, that's what Tres Seaver thought:

http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1049/view

(he makes some good points about string exceptions too...)

However, Jim Fulton though it would be possible:

http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1298/view

Sadly, no progress seems to have been made :-(

> > I don't like the way Zope does this for _all_ standard_html_error's,
> > especially as it tacks the error on the end of the HTML in production
> > mode, thus generating technically incorrect HTML (I think? ;-)
>
> Absolutely, not just that its incorrect HTML, but also that it can expose
> implementation issues such as oh that site GUF, I know a hole there...

...nice...

Chris