[Zope] Multiple site deployment

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 18:40:06 -0500

Chui Tey wrote:

> How are other developers handling this kind of customization problems?
> The Directory View from CMF looks to be useful in storing some of the
> customized dtml in the file system.
> I've tried ExtFile but it doesn't have external dtml documents.
>
> Has anyone used zope with configuration files before?

I use properties of folders and DTML Documents for those things
that need to be customized.
If you personally must setup all of the customizations (there
maybe an easier way?) I would use DTML Document properties and
export a set for each site.  If someone at the site could do it,
just write up some docs on where to find the proerties in the
management interface.

HTH,

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.