[Zope] zopesh

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:30:46 +0200

Hi Jos=E9,

Jose Soares wrote:
> =

> Thank you very much Scott,
> now it works.
> I added some features to my personal zopesh copy, now I'm going to
> add those changes in this release.
> =

> Here the list:
> =

> add   - to add an object (file, method, document, etc.)

Is it more generic then manage_addXXX ? May be with Meta-Type as
argument? =

> cp     - to copy objects
> grep  - to search text in objects (very useful)

The does it scan PrincipiaSearchSource? Otherwise you dont know
where the particular object stores its text.

> lpr     - to print sorce objects
> sed   - to change text on objects (very, very useful)

The problem with this would be the potential abuse. Since working
with ZCatalog is a bit hard at the beginning, most of the users
would go to use this function. As you know searching on all documents
and therefore touching them all is a big performance issue. You will
quick here Zope searches are slow and memory consuming only because
they used the wrong way...

> sh     - to run a script containing valid comands

Where does this run? =

> !        - to run any system comand insted of having (local commands)

Regards
Tino