[Zope] dtml-in sort by generic function

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:19:12 +0200 (CEST)

Oleg Broytmann writes:
 > >  >    sort="attr1/cmp1,attr2,attr3/cmp3/desc,...."
 >
 >    I tested the patch with Zope, and it works perfectly.
 >
 >    I put the patch and test suite into Collector:
 > http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/2120/view
Great!

When I saw your announcement a crazy idea came to my mind:

  What, if your code would be made available as an External Method.
  Then, you could use it independantly from "dtml-in" for sophisticated
  sorting of sequences.

  We all know how low it may take before new functionality
  is incorporated into Zope (--> Tino's dtml-in patch).
  Having it outside the "dtml-in" makes out less dependant
  from DC.

Dieter