[Zope] how to pass REQUEST from DTML mthd to script?

Dave Still davestill@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:50:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
I'm sure this is a terribly newbie question, but
couldn't concoct a useful search of the archives.
Feel free to just point me to some reference if
appropriate.

First I'll show what does work, and then a variation
on it that doesn't work.
---------
Example #1 (this works - REQUEST is passed to the
script):

DTML Method 'foo'
  <form method="get" action="processForm">
  </form>

Python Script 'processForm' (parameter list = REQUEST)
  ... do something with REQUEST ...

----------
Example #2 (doesn't work - REQUEST isn't passed to
script)

DTML Method 'foo'
  <form method="get" action="processFormResponse">
  </form>

DTML Method 'processFormResponse'
  <dtml-call processForm>

Python Script 'processForm' (parameter list = REQUEST)
  ... do something with REQUEST...

With this sequence, I get an error that indicates
REQUEST is not being passed to the script.

Questions:
1. In example #2, how can I make REQUEST get passed to
script automatically, as it is in example #1?

2. In example #2, how can I explicitly pass the
REQUEST object from the DTML method
'processFormResponse' to Python script 'processForm'
using <dtml-call>?

Thanks for any help at all,
Dave