[Zope] to zope or not

Win GO theoden@edsamail.com.ph
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:15:27 +0800

>Well, how does digging a hole with a bulldozer compare to
>doing it with a shovel? You can accomplish some of the same
>things by using Apache alone, but you'll end up doing a lot
>more work for a much smaller result.

    does that mean that Zope can do what Apache can, and some more (like animation and stuff)?

>P.S. from your companies perspective, a 'con' might be that
>it's harder to find experienced Zope developers. but that
>might be a 'pro' for you, as it gives you more job security.

    that seems to be the case here in my country. =(

here are other questions:

    * if we are to have somebody trained or devote some time to learning Zope, what would be basic skills that the person should have? (ie. programming/scripting languages, html, etc.)

    * How long will such learning process take? (before we can have a running and functioning site)

www.edsamail.com