[Zope] Searching a FieldIndex for prefix or OR

Randall F. Kern randy@spoke.net
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:28:02 -0700

Is it possible to search a catalog on a field index for either a given
prefix, or any of a list of values?

Maybe I'm going about this wrong; I want to add the ability to only show
objects found below a specific place on my site, and to do that I
created a field index on the path to each object.  Then at query time I
would like to search for /foo/bar/*, or failing that create a list of
all paths below /foo/bar and create an OR query.

The solution I'm using now is to post-process the search results, but
that seems lame :)

Thanks,
-Randy