[Zope] dtml-in question

Russell Hires rhires@earthlink.net
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:08:11 -0400

Is it possible to nest <dtml-in> tags?
Actually, I know it isn't because that's something I've tried already and it
didn't work. At least, it didn't work the way I tried it.

I'm just getting my feet wet with dtml, and I created a table using one dtml
method to create one row of the table using the <dtml-in> tag, but it seems
silly to have to have a completely separate method for one <tr> tag in a
method all by itself.

I did solve the problem this way: I created one method with the definition
of one row of a table, then created another method with one <tr> tag to
create the next row of the table, then looped using <dtml-in> first-method
second-method</dtml-in>. It just seems kinda klunky...

Thanks for any help!

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"