[ZCommerce] RE: Philip leaves Arsdigita (was: Re: [Zope] kerberos ? + LDAP + ecommerce + ZEO replication etc)

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:34:16 -0400

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 11:27:41AM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> > > A third open source community has put major
> > > resources into turning postgresql 7.1 into
> > > an industrial strength RDBMS quite capable
> > > of replacing Oracle in many situations,
> > > which is also about to get python as a
> > > built in backend procedural language.
> >
> > I hadn't heard that Python was going to be a stored procedure language
> > for PostgreSQL.  Can you send me a link?
>
> Google gave me the following reference:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/2000-08/msg00432.html

My gosh, functions and triggers in Python?!!?  OK, Albert, score one for
you!  :^)  Thanks for bringing that on our radar.

I'd like to emphasize that Albert's idea has merit.  We'd like to learn
more about the idea, as we don't know as much as we should about it.
But someone needs to make it easier for us -- unfortunately, it's just
reality that we don't have as much time to investigate possibilities as
we would like.

--Paul