[Zope] Has Zope been used with mapping integration (like GPS) anywhere?

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:36:31 +0100

Gary Graham wrote:

> Has Zope been used with mapping integration (like GPS) anywhere?
>
> --Gary

Well, I'm in the process of  integrating zope with GMT (generic mapping
tools) for the purpose of generating dynamic maps. It'll be a few more
weeks before it goes into production though. It's nothing clever at the
moment - I'm basically just marshalling the arguments, doing external
system calls to gmt & caching the results/images. I'm also overlaying
GPS positions from a postgresql database.

There will be some clever bits, but I don't want to mention what might
not work! I'll produce a howto if I feel I achieved anything worthy,

HTH,

Ivan