[Zope] HowTo? onChange assign value to dtml-var

Shaw, Mark Mark.Shaw@osip.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:50:13 -0400

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an example of how to do the following:

Let's assume I have a form named form1 with a field named fld_first_name.

On any change in the value of that field, I would like to assign the new
value to a dtml variable that was previously defined using <!--#call
"REQUEST.set('first_name','First Name')"-->.

Something like this:

<input type="text" name="fld_first_name" onChange='<!--#call
"REQUEST.set('first_name',fld_first_name.value)"-->' >

I would like to do this so that I can have access to the new value without
the SUBMIT button being pressed.

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers/code examples provided.

-Mark