[Zope] keeping zope running after closing ssh conection

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:02:23 -0500

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 09:46:02PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> David Kelly writes:
>  > Is there a way to start zope so that it stays running after I close
>  > the ssh connection?
> Probably, it already helps to start Zope without the "-D" (debug
> mode) option.
>
> If it does not or you want the debug mode, then certainly
> a "nohup" (--> man nohup) will help.

If it's available, check the manpage for screen. I've started Zope
inside of a screen session, disconnected the session, and everything
went fine. Even debug output. Might not be the best solution for this
particular problem, but terribly flexible and worth looking at in
general.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu