[Zope] Finding out how many rows is selected in database

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
05 Apr 2001 19:38:25 -0100

On 05 Apr 2001 09:57:14 -0500, Steve Drees wrote:
> > I need to do one thing if any rows is returned and another if there is
> > no records in the database
>
> http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/BEBF9A98F9A59B3F

Thanx but it only helped a bit ...
See he has the same problem as me - if need to do one thing if there are
records returned and another if no records are returned.

Actually I need to add a new item to my database with one number higher
than the item with the highest number, e.g. if there are an item in the
database with number 2 then the new one must have number 3.
And if there are no items then the new one must have number 1.

ANy good ideas ?
The ones I got earlyer doesn't work

Gitt