[Zope] Installing WorldPilot Mandrake Linux 7.2

Joe Baker joebaker@dcresearch.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:58:14 -0500 (CDT)

I work for a computer learning center and just can't wait to
show off this Zope package called WorldPilot as an example
of how really wonderful open source software can be.

WorldPilot says it will not work with versions of Zope which
are greater than 2.1.6 - so that's the version of Zope I'm
using.

Hey, the demos I've seen of WorldPilot are awsome and I really want
to learn how to install Zope applications on Linux.

I have installed Zope as far as being able to use it's web based
control pannel.  I see the import/export pannel and wonder if that
is how to install the worldpilot.

The worldpilot docs instruct ....

-------
 Unpack the worldpilot.1.1.x.tgz file in Zope's root directory.
 This will install the WorldPilot Product into lib/python/Products/
 Enter your domain into the file
 /usr/local/worldpilot/Zope.xxx/lib/python/Products/Worldpilot/DOMAIN.py
------

But I'm not sure where the Zope's root directory is.  I think that
in my installation it might be

/usr/share/zope/import/  <-- this is where I put the worldpilot dir..
Also, there is a symbolic link in side this directory named import
which points back to  /usr/share/zope/import (which seems kind of wierd
to me.

Next I tried going to the Import feature of the web based control pannel
and entered the directory name of "worldpilot"  (without quotes).  This
was the error message I received.

-----

  Error Type: IOError
  Error Value: [Errno 21] Is a directory

 Troubleshooting Suggestions The URL may be incorrect.The parameters
 passed
 to this resource may be incorrect.A resource that this resource relies on
 may be encountering an error.

I'm so close to finishing this project that I can taste it, but I
need somebody's help to get past this last obsticle.

Thanks!

-Joe Baker
 Career Tech
 www.careertechcenter.net