[Zope] XML databases

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@andreas-jung.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:48:24 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Kelly" <dkelly@ono.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 5:21 PM
Subject: [Zope] XML databases

> I have a large european project that my organisation are involved
> with that requires us to use an XML database.
> I know that the project "core" are using Tamino, and have my doubts
> about how well zope can exchange data with this system... I would
> like to use zope at our end but I need advice on the possibilities.
>
> does anybody have experience on this mixture of Tamino/Zope???...
> we are looking at all angles on this one and will be able to offer a
> budget for development if necessary... to be quite honest I would
> vastly prefer to offer the money that Tamino costs to the zope
> community in order to provide a solution.... any answers to
> dkelly@aet-es.org please.

As long as I know there are no native Python bindings available for Tamino
available. Because Tamino supports ODBC you could try to the ZODBC database
adapter
for Zope. ZODBC DA runs under Win2K. If you only need the integration of
Tamino
into Python I would try to connect Tamino through JDBC with JPython (the
Java implementation
of the Python language).

Cheers,
Andreas