[Zope] Zope in academic/educational/scientific environments (important)

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:23:52 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C0BED7.7F274520

Hi,

We (a smal group) have build a quite comprehensive (but still far from =
perfect in our opinion) Zope based system  in wich teachers can offer =
websupport with their courses. It's a sort of content management system =
for teachers. Students can also deliver content. There are groupware =
fascilites and more. This is all realized in a rather large social =
sciences faculty within a dutch university. We have a relative large, =
happy, userbase but.......

It has been quite a struggle. Not the development sec but 'selling' Zope =
as a platform and facing competitors in the ,so called weblearning =
world. Now we're facing a battle with Blackboard (I'm just recovering =
from an attack by some idiots who want to rebuild the whole thing with =
PHP, Dutch universities: never a dull moment.....).

What realy would help us (in defending our system and Zope) is a list =
universities, schools etc. who are using Zope for =
educational/scientific/content management purposes. I'm =
monitoring/contributing  to (not as much as some of you I'm afraid)  =
this list and I noticed that quite some activity on the Zope front is =
happening in academic/scientefic/educational environments but I never =
kept any taps.=20

So if you are using Zope in this sort of environment please let me know. =
You can mail me direct: linde@fsw.leidenuniv.nl. If I have a list I put =
it on Zope.org so that other people can use to defend their (potential) =
Zope efforts to decisionmakers, a sort of academic/educational showcase. =

Henny van der Linde

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C0BED7.7F274520

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We (a smal group)&nbsp;have build a quite =
comprehensive (but=20
still far from perfect in our opinion)&nbsp;Zope based system &nbsp;in =
wich=20
teachers can offer&nbsp;websupport with their courses. It's a sort of =
content=20
management system for teachers. Students can also deliver content. There =
are=20
groupware fascilites and more. This is all realized in a rather large =
social=20
sciences faculty within a dutch university. We have a relative large,=20
happy,&nbsp;userbase but.......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It has been quite a struggle. Not the development =
sec but=20
'selling' Zope as a platform and&nbsp;facing competitors in the&nbsp;,so =
called=20
weblearning world. Now we're facing a battle with Blackboard (I'm just=20
recovering from an attack by some idiots who want to rebuild the whole =
thing=20
with PHP, Dutch universities: never a dull moment.....).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What realy would help us (in defending our system =
and Zope) is=20
a list universities, schools etc. who are using Zope for=20
educational/scientific/content management purposes. I'm=20
monitoring/contributing&nbsp; to (not as much as some of you I'm=20
afraid)&nbsp;&nbsp;this list and I&nbsp;noticed that quite some activity =
on the=20
Zope front is happening in&nbsp;academic/scientefic/educational =
environments but=20
I never kept any taps. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So if you are using Zope in this sort of environment =
please=20
let me know. You can mail me direct: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:linde@fsw.leidenuniv.nl">linde@fsw.leidenuniv.nl</A>. If =
I have a=20
list I put it on Zope.org so that other people can use to defend their=20
(potential) Zope efforts to&nbsp;decisionmakers, a sort of =
academic/educational=20
showcase. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Henny van der Linde</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C0BED7.7F274520--